SENIOR MINISTRY COMBINED EVENT
The second movie in our Reformation series is the The First Rosa. The event will be held Sunday, February 12, 2017 beginning at 2pm in the Fellowship Hall (basement). The movie is a documentary about Rosa J. Young - a Lutheran confessor, educator, and church planter. Born in 1890, Rosa accomplished extraordinary things for her community and the kingdom of God. Rosa played an instrumental role in the founding and development of 30 Lutheran elementary schools and 35 Lutheran congregations throughout Alabama’s Black Belt region. Rosa also wrote an autobiography, Light in the Dark Belt.
Rev. Roosevelt Gray, Jr is the Director of the LCMS Black Ministry, and led the production of the movie, The First Rosa, in 2014. Rev. Gray will not only be the guest speaker for both of our worship services on February 12, but will also be on hand to answer questions about the movie and its content. Refreshments will be served.
Mark your calendar for February 12 and join us to see this very illuminating movie.
"What it means to be a Lutheran" Project
The 500th Anniversary of the Reformation Committee at Trinity LC has decided to publish in the "News of the Son" monthly newsletter, a short article for the next year. We are asking individuals who are communicant members of Trinity to write a paragraph or two about what it means to them to be a Lutheran. Hopefully, it would be related in some way to the Reformation. It does not have to have a direct connection. We are asking that the articles be 1/4 to, at most, 1/2 page in length.
If you are not sure how to start, below are some suggestions to start your thinking process. These are not requirements.
- Your journey to becoming Lutherans.
- What, when and where got your attention about Lutheran doctrine?
- Why is the Book of Concord important to you today?
- Why are you a Lutheran?
- What is meaningful to you about the Reformation?
- What Lutheran doctrine has the most meaning for your life today?
- Do you connect the Liturgy we use today to the Reformation? If so, how?
- For your and our peace of mind, we will ask one of the Pastors to review each article for inadvertent doctrinal misstatements. If an item is discovered, we will discuss it , privately, with you.
- We would like to include your name at the end of the article, in the "News of the Son". If you prefer not to have your name published, we will honor that request.
- The Committees plan is that Articles that are not published in the "News of the Son" will be published in booklet form, at the end of the Celebration.
- Please send complete Articles by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or turn in to the church office.